Laundry Service is a full-service marketing agency offering creative, media buying, production, and influencers, all under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Beats Electronics, Hennessy, European Wax Center, Laura Mercier, and Nike work with Laundry Service to achieve their business goals through premium, authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named to Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation, and its unique ability to handle all aspects of content creation and distribution—24/7.
We are seeking a quick-witted writer to craft copy for our corporate responsibility client in the Portland office. We’re looking for a writer who wants to help our client inspire young creators to develop design skills, build confidence to express their ideas, and have fun by providing them with access to world class tools, resources and creative exercises. We need a creative collaborator whose day-to-day job will be to find new and creative ways to inspire and mobilize young artists to create with purpose.
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing copy for social media channels in the distinct and unique voices of our clients
- Managing multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Concepting and collaborating with creative team on projects, which can include digital, social, branding, TV/video, product design + more
- Working in a team environment to execute projects effectively and efficiently
- Communicating big ideas in a way that sells them into our client
Our perfect candidate:
- 3+ years of agency-side experience writing and editing copy for social channels
- Has a passion and imagination and can write/develop both editorial content and design challenge prompts for various social platforms
- Is comfortable ideating and experimenting with new ideas—and also able to let things go sometimes (to quote Faulkner here: “...in writing you must kill your darlings.”)
- Thrives in a collaborative environment, is a resolution-builder, and a progress maker
- Has experience with creative concepting with a team and are an idea person
- Has experience working on campaigns targeting younger audiences
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to every detail
- Understand the intersectionality of art and impact, as well as global movements towards equality and justice
- Can speak to and write passionately about social issues they care deeply about
- Is resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on any project
- Some nonprofit experience (even volunteer work) or Foundation work is a plus
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!