Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices all over the world including New York, London, Dubai, Toronto, Portland, Raleigh and Mexico City.
Working with our partner company Laundry Service, we are looking for a social-first copywriter to work as part of a team creating content and managing social communities for one of our high profile sports organisation clients in the Middle-East. Based in London, the role is focused on social media copywriting and playing a wider role in the development of social media content, reporting into a Project Director also based in London.
Laundry Service is the social media arm of Wasserman group and offers social, creative, media buying, production, and influencers under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with them to achieve business goals through authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation and its ability to handle content creation and distribution—24/7.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be a skilled wordsmith, with a deep interest in, and understanding of, social-first storytelling. You revel in clever portmanteau, think a picture is worth 280 characters and have likely been editing this job description as you have been reading it.
Your day-to-day work will include conceiving and developing content ideas, as well as writing, editing and posting on-brand copy that will help our client’s English-language social media channels catch the eye.
This is a great role for an ambitious copywriter, who wants to build and nurture a global football community, ahead of one of the world’s most iconic sporting events.
- Scripting video
- Posting to social media
- Community management
- Building and maintaining tone of voice
- Playing a lead role in content and campaign ideation
- Communicating with senior leadership, while proactively finding solutions to issues that may arise. You will need to be able to operate without direction on a day-to-day basis without compromising client satisfaction
- 4-5 years’ experience of writing and editing copy for digital/social media
- A flair for brevity
- A knack for channelling different editorial voices and for understanding audiences
- Deep familiarity with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Proficiency in social media publishing and listening tools
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- An eye for matching words to pictures
- Enthusiasm for the global sports landscape
- Passion for football is a big plus
- Experience of working in the Middle-East a plus
- Self starter, able to work in a small team
- Forensic attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence – working non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Eagerness to grow within the organization and to learn
- Based at Wasserman, London
CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE