Director / Supervisor
Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices all over the world including New York, London, Dubai, Toronto, Portland, Raleigh and Mexico City.
Working with our partner company Laundry Service, we are looking for an experienced Account Director / Supervisor to manage one of our high profile sports organisation clients in the Middle-East. Based in Doha, Qatar, the role is focused on social media and content marketing and will report into an account leadership team based in London.
Laundry Service is the social media arm of Wasserman group and offers social, creative, media buying, production, and influencers under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with them to achieve business goals through authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation and its ability to handle content creation and distribution—24/7.
As the Account Director you will be working as part of a global account team with colleagues in London and New York. You will operate within and lead a two person sub-team in Doha, and will have day-to-day supervisory duties for a community manager. This team will be responsible for the content strategy, planning, ideation, production, community management and measurement for our client’s global English speaking social media channels. All with the key focus of growing an engaged social media audience of global advocates in the build up to one of the world’s largest sporting events.
Your day-to-day work will be strategic and implementation focused, developing social media content plans, as well as supporting the social media community manager on channel output. You will devise and plan content, oversee the client approval process and assist with content capture. You will also be the gateway from our client into the Wasserman network, will deliver excellent account servicing and operate seamlessly within the wider global account team. In addition to the above and with the support of the London Corporate team, you will also act as the Senior Executive Function for Wasserman in Qatar,
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious content and digital marketing professional to play an integral role in the growth of our client’s global communications efforts, delivered through social media and content.
- Based in our client’s office in Doha, Qatar
- Managing, maintaining and growing the relationship with the client and key stakeholders. You will be our day-to-day client facing representative
- Direct, and have a positive impact on projects, teams, and clients by providing direction on all project deliverables
- Maintaining a supervisory relationship with direct report working in tandem to understand and deliver on the strategic goals of the account
- Communicating with senior leadership about account status while proactively finding solutions to issues that may arise. You will need to be able to operate without direction on a day-to-day basis without compromising client satisfaction
- Working within a global team structure as our representative in market
- Act as the Senior Executive Function for Wasserman in Qatar with support London corporate team
- 5-8 years’ experience in integrated account management with recent social media and content marketing experience
- Arabic speaking a major plus
- Experience of working in the Middle-East a major plus
- Experience implementing social media and digital campaigns
- Understanding of and experience in content planning and production
- Passion for football, or global sporting events is a plus
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the global sports landscape
- Natural leadership abilities
- Line management experience and ability to work in a small team
- Best in class client servicing and project management skills
- Experience managing large budgets
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Possesses an eager willingness to grow within the organization
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!