Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices all over the world including New York, London, Dubai, Toronto, Portland, Raleigh and Mexico City.
Working with our partner company Laundry Service, we are looking for an experienced Project Director to manage one of our high profile sports organisation clients in the Middle-East. Based in London, the role is focused on social media and content marketing and will report into an account leadership team also based in London.
Laundry Service is the social media arm of Wasserman group and offers social, creative, media buying, production, and influencers under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with them to achieve business goals through authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation and its ability to handle content creation and distribution—24/7.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading our day-to-day output, you will be responsible for managing a team across content strategy, planning, ideation, production, community management and measurement for our client’s global English speaking social media channels, with the aim of growing an engaged social media audience of global advocates in the build up to one of the biggest global tournaments.
Your work will be implementation focused, so you will have excellent organisational skills, effortlessly ensuring that all content that is produced is timely, effective and meets the objectives laid out by the client. You should be a digital and social media native, with the ability to think creatively and strategically, as well as being a consummate communicator and problem solver, able to juggle many tasks at the same time.
This is a great role for an ambitious content and digital marketing professional, with a passion for social media and content marketing, with a desire to lead on a core communication objective for one of the largest global sports events.
- Ownership and management of all project deliverables
- Development of project plans / content calendars to track milestones
- Leading a team in London, managing their schedules and hosting regular progress meetings
- Managing and maintaining the relationship with the client via weekly updates
- Overseeing the status of creative assets from concept to production and distribution
- Communicating with senior leadership about account status while proactively finding solutions to issues that may arise. You will need to be able to operate without direction on a day-to-day basis without compromising client satisfaction
- Maintaining budgets, in conjunction with the media and production teams
- 8-10 years’ experience in integrated account management/project management
- Experience of implementing social media and digital campaigns
- Understanding of and experience in content planning and production
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the global sports landscape
- Passion for football is a big plus
- Experience of working in the Middle-East a plus
- Natural leadership abilities
- Line management experience and ability to work in a small team
- Best in class client servicing and project management skills
- Experience of managing large budgets
- Forensic attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commitment to excellence – working non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Eagerness to grow within the organization and to learn
- Based at Wasserman, London
CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE