Social Media Strategist
Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices all over the world including New York, London, Dubai, Toronto, Portland, Raleigh and Mexico City.
Working with our partner company Laundry Service, we are looking for an experienced social media strategist, to play an important role in a team that will create content and manage social media communities for one of our high profile sports organisation clients in the Middle-East. Based in London, the role is focused on pure social media strategy, forging the direction forward as we aim to exceed our client’s social media and content objectives, whilst also contributing towards the creative direction of the content we produce.
Laundry Service is the social media arm of Wasserman group and offers social, creative, media buying, production, and influencers under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with them to achieve business goals through authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation and its ability to handle content creation and distribution—24/7.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Empowered by a deep understanding of the inner workings of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, you will help to set the direction for everything we do, taking a lead in all content strategy and planning. You will ensure that our client’s English-language social media channels are set up to grow engagement and advocacy, in the build up to one of the biggest global sporting events.
You will be both creative and scientific in your approach, contributing ideas and then proving how and why they will work. Above all though, you will be data driven, mining social media analytics on a daily basis to form insights that will evolve and improve the content we produce. You will have the confidence to speak up when something is not working, as well as when it is.
This is a great role for an ambitious social media strategist, who is passionate and highly knowledgeable about social media and content marketing (paid and organic), who has a desire to play an integral role in defining the social media strategy for one of the world’s largest sporting events.
- Setting the day-to-day content strategy for a talented production team
- Finding the most effective content and social media solutions for our client
- Measuring success (and failure) via data and analytics, including daily/weekly reports
- Helping to manage the relationship with the client via weekly updates
- Communicating with senior leadership, while proactively finding solutions to issues that may arise. You will need to be able to operate without direction on a day-to-day basis without compromising client satisfaction
- 8-10 years’ experience in social media
- Experience of investigating consumer behaviour on digital channels
- Extensive use and knowledge of social listening tools
- Deep familiarity with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter analytics
- Understanding of content planning and production
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the global sports landscape
- Passion for football is a big plus
- Experience of working in the Middle-East a plus
- Natural leadership abilities
- Self starter, able to work in a small team
- Forensic attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commitment to excellence – working non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Eagerness to grow within the organization and to learn
- Based at Wasserman, London
CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE