Social Media Community Manager
Wasserman is a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers. Today, Wasserman offers global expertise in Athlete Management, Marketing, and Media. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices all over the world including New York, London, Dubai, Toronto, Portland, Raleigh and Mexico City.
Working with our partner company Laundry Service, we are currently seeking a Social Media Community Manager for one of our high profile sports organisation clients in the Middle-East, based in Doha, Qatar. The Social Media Community Manager role is focused on day-to-day ownership of a suite of English-speaking social media channels, and will report into an Account Supervisor also based in Doha. Both roles will operate as a two-person hub team in Doha, working within a global account team across London and New York and reporting into the account leadership team in London.
Laundry Service is the social media arm of Wasserman group and offers social, creative, media buying, production, and influencers under one roof. Brands like Amazon, T-Mobile, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with them to achieve business goals through authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation and its ability to handle content creation and distribution—24/7.
As the Social Media Community Manager, you and the global account team will be responsible for the ideation, content strategy, planning, production, community management and measurement for our client’s global English speaking social media channels. With the key focus of growing an engaged social media audience of global advocates in the build up to one of the world’s largest sporting events.
You will be a social media native with experience in managing social media communities as well as a sharp writer and skilled communicator first and foremost. You will need understand the value of content marketing and social media as an audience engagement platform. The day-to-day will include developing content for social channels and managing the social media community through targeted and strategic posting, working seamlessly with the wider production and account teams. You’ll create original posts and engage with the audience, manage social ad setup and optimization, and share this data with clients and internal teams for reporting. Client servicing experience is also a key requirement for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a social media community manager who has the ability to think creatively, knows how to optimise social media channels as a method for audience engagement, and relishes working in a fast-paced environment right on the front line.
- Effectively manage content and communications for client social media communities
- Directly engage with consumers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Support creatives, strategists, and account managers with content curation, distribution and engagement
- Web and Social Listening for trending content, conversations, topics, events and news
- Real-time Monitoring of social channels for growth and engagement through strategic engagement and activation
- Based in our client’s office in Doha, Qatar
- Arabic speaking a major plus
- Experience of working in the Middle-East a major plus
- 3-5 years’ experience developing social media creative, editing copy, and engaging with page visitors
- Recent experience of managing sports / lifestyle / entertainment focused social media channels with a remit to grow followers and drive engagement
- Proficient with analytic tools such as Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Sprout, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of social media best practices
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Effective client servicing and project management skills
- Passion for football, or, global sporting events is a plus
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the global sports landscape
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Possesses an eager willingness to grow within the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!