Laundry Service is a full-service marketing agency offering creative, media buying, production, and influencers, all under one roof. Brands like Amazon, Hennessy, Tic-Tac, FOX Entertainment, Fossil, and Nike work with Laundry Service to achieve their business goals through premium, authentic content and strategic distribution. Laundry Service was named to Ad Age’s 2018 Agency A-List for its commitment to innovation, and its unique ability to handle all aspects of content creation and distribution—24/7.
The Portland team seeks an Art Director with a strong understanding of social media culture and a jaw-dropping portfolio to help create smart creative content for one of our major accounts. This hands-on AD will collaborate with the creative and production team to produce still images, gifs, cinemagraphs, presentations and more. You will organize briefs on style and content to our photographers, and be available on set.
- Design a wide range of social media content that support the brand and get people talking
- Use After Effects and/or Premiere, create short-form motion graphics such as animations, cinemagraphs and micro-videos
- Source and edit photos for both live posts and concept pitches
- Collaborate with other members of the creative and production teams to ensure assets are aligned
- Participate in brainstorms, communicate concepts and take direction and feedback from creative directors and account leads.
- Collaborate on client presentation and pitch decks
- Collaborate with CD and ACD to help produce creative guides for shoots including location, styling, talent and photo/video style samples
- Occasionally assist on photo and video shoots and help see the creative vision through completion.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest cultural trends in social media.
- 4+ years of agency-side experience developing social media creative assets
- A keen eye for what works and the communication skills to explain why
- The ability to collaborate across internal teams and clients
- A knack for picking up brands’ visual identities, understanding why they work and switching between them quickly
- Ability to create mood boards and execute the brand image concepts
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media
- Familiarity with Photoshop and all relevant image manipulation tools and apps
- Understanding of image display standards on all social platforms
- Strong interest in keeping up on cultural trends
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!