Freelance Art Director
Laundry Service is an innovative and creative agency that takes pride in making amazing sh*t. We speak emoji, foster a teamwork environment and embody an entrepreneurial workplace; people are recognized and rewarded for the quality of the work they do – not how long they’ve been doing it. Laundry Service is an award winning agency featured on AdAge's 2017 A-list. Cycle, our media company, has grown from an influencer management team to a full blown editorial, new business and paid media company. Cycle is constantly creating content with the world’s top talent, and generates 3 billion views per month. Both Laundry Service and Cycle are always on the hunt for talented people with a passion for social.
We are seeking a sharp, ambitious Freelance Art Director to concept and ideate overarching video concepts for the social channels of our best-in-class clients. Your day-to-day work will include approving image assets across multiple clients, as well as, creating, sourcing and selecting gorgeous visuals that uphold brand guidelines. You communicate with images.
You have strong opinions about fonts. You have the vision to create big-picture plans and the technical chops to execute them flawlessly. You’re ready to take the next step and help shape a growing team. You will organize briefs on style and content to our photographers, and be available on set as producer.
- 3+ years of agency-side experience developing social media creative assets
- Strong creative photo-focused portfolio, with experience in social specific creative preferred
- A knack for picking up brands’ visual identities, understanding why they work and switching between them quickly
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media
- Familiarity with Photoshop and all relevant image manipulation tools and apps
- Understanding of image display standards on all social platforms
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- A keen eye for what works and the communication skills to explain why
- The ability to collaborate across internal teams and clients
- Strong ability to concept multiple ideas quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!